Neighbourhood House networks play an important role in supporting neighbourhood houses experiencing difficulty. Their role includes identifying houses at risk and providing support at the earliest possible opportunity.
Member NHs are encouraged to contact the RANCH Networker to arrange a time to discuss and assist with any serious or emerging issues that may impact on the NH’s ability to function.
In conducting this work, RANCH staff:
- adopt an ethical approach
- protect member Neighbourhood Houses’ confidentiality so that information is not inappropriately shared with other Network members
- understand and promote the NH community development model
- comply with established NH Network policies and procedures, contractual and legislative requirements
- take a proactive approach to monitoring the wellbeing of Houses
- consider external and internal factors that may impact upon the wellbeing of Neighbourhood Houses
- provide advice using relevant, authorised, up to date sources
- provide advice within the competency range, role and responsibilities of the Network
- adopt recognised decision-making processes, adopt recognised decision-making processes, such as the NH Networks and NHVic Decision making Process
The Quality Enhancement & Risk Management Matrix
What it is
- A guide to clarify roles and responsibilities of parties to the Neighbourhood House Coordination Program (NHCP) and other stakeholders for Neighbourhood Houses that experience difficulty requiring external assistance
- A tool to help Neighbourhood Houses, Networks and the Department to identify when things are not going well before they get too serious
- A framework for providing support to Neighbourhood Houses when things aren’t going well
What it isn’t
- A document for ‘policing’ or ‘punishing’ Neighbourhood Houses
Why do we need it?
- To provide certainty to Neighbourhood Houses that sometimes get into difficulty about where they can expect to get support
- To prevent Neighbourhood Houses from becoming unviable, leaving communities without the infrastructure they need
- To provide consistency in the type and levels of support provided by departmental regional staff
- Networks are funded to provide governance and management support to Neighbourhood Houses within their Network
- You can download a copy of the Quailty Enhancement and Risk Management Matrix here….