What we do
RANCH is one of 16 Neighbourhood House Networks (NHN) across Victoria. Our network consists of 29 Neighbourhood Houses located in the
- Central Goldfields Shire
- City of Greater Bendigo
- Loddon Shire
- Macedon Ranges Shire
- Mount Alexander Shire
- Shire of Campaspe.
Neighbourhood House Networks link Neighbourhood Houses and their communities to:
- Other Neighbourhood Houses and communities within the region
- Other Neighbourhood House Networks
- The Neighbourhood House’s peak body, Neighbourhood Houses Victoria (NHV)
- Local Governments
- State Government.
Our extensive knowledge of the Neighbourhood Houses in our region allows us to advocate for our members to the various layers of Government and to work collaboratively with NHV to develop strategies for the whole sector.
- Individual support to our members
- Regional collaboration among our members on issues, needs and projects
- Representation and advocacy on regional issues and needs to the NHV, Local and State Governments.
The range and priority of services undertaken by the RANCH is directed by the membership and includes:
- service and program planning and development
- community development practice
- governance and management
- resources and training
- community education.
More information about our work and the role of Neighbourhood house Networks can be found in:
The NH Networks Good Practice Guide
The NH Networks Good Practice Guide is designed primarily for NH Network Committees of Governance and NH Networkers, but it is also intended to inform the public, stakeholders and funding bodies about the operations of NH Networks.